Friday, August 28, 2009

Waiting on Jill . . .

For those of you who don't know, I am lucky enough to share this adventure with one of my best friends, Jill. Jill and I first met during our Elementary Education Orientation, but we didn't really become friends until 2 years later when we completed our science practicum together. Since then, we've known each other as student teachers, Pickford patrons, yogis, B. School District employees, hiking buddies, housemates, and so much more. As soon as she gets here, I will add international travel partner and Emirate co-teacher to the list.

It's with a grumpy expression that I type "as soon as she gets here." Even though her contract date was for Aug. 10th, Jill has still not received her tickets. I'm sure hoping that papers will come through, processing will pick up the pace, and then she'll be on a plane. I can't wait! (And I can only imagine how hard it must be for her to wait!)

In a feeble attempt to make her feel closer to coming, I'm going to go ahead and post a few of my favorite pictures from our last state-side photo shoot. Like everything else Jill does, the end results were lovely. . . if I don't say so myself.


Mary Poppins-esque



Hoping, Wishing, Waiting


Almost Aloft


We're taking off!

-m.

P.S. To illustrate my point about how talented Jill is, I would like you to please check out all of her handmade creations and her impressive photos!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I have been wondering about Jill. Hope she gets her tickets soon.
PS--you make a lovely Mary Poppins!

Jill said...

Awe, this was so nice! One day I'll make it to Abu Dhabi... Inshallah!