. . . And not a single student came!
Considering that everything was [still is!] a bit uncertain right down to the last minute, I think this was actually a good thing. Not to mention the fact that it would have been hard to teach kids in my room as it was still kind of a mess:
Isn't it beautiful? I love the green and all of the natural light!
If I didn't get any kids, at least the first day of school was a day for getting some answers. Here's what I know about the upcoming year:
- Teacher: Miss Molly (Students address teachers by their first names, not last names.)
- Grade: 1
- Sections: 3 & 4; Section 3 in the morning and Section 4 in the afternoon
- Start of school day: 7:45 am We will be meeting in the auditorium at the beginning of each day for a patriotic-themed assembly.
- End of the school day: 1:20 pm
- Number of students: 20 in the morning, 20 in the afternoon
- Subjects: English, Math, Science
- School: We have a new school that is being reopened this year. It's just 5 minutes or so from the old school we were at last week.