Tuesday, September 15, 2009

She's Here!!

I know I've been a bit neglectful of the little blog lately . . . but I do have a good reason: JILL!

Ms. Jill arrived on the evening of Sept. 6th. She's staying at the swanky Intercontinental Hotel until her permanent accommodations are available. At 4,000 dirhams a night (that's $1,089.028!!!!!) she seems to be enjoying it. I know that I've sure enjoyed being a guest at the pool a few times so far this week. It's something I could easily get used to doing. Much too easily . . .

Our first (and only?!) picture together in the UAE was taken in the Heritage Village museum during an Iftar celebration. (More to come on the Iftar; it was also my week 3 anniversary!)



To see some excellent photography and to hear another perspective on our teaching stint in the UAE, check out Jill's new blog. Even with limited internet access, she's already doing a brilliant job of chronicling this adventure. I am sure more great things will be coming from her site . . . Insh'allah.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

So glad you both are there safe. Hope you are having a great time.