Ever felt like taking a shower in your own sweat?
If so, then Urban Assault is for you!!
Okay, so maybe if I'm serious about getting new recruits I'd better come up with a different advertising slogan. Whatever it takes, I would genuinely like to convince you to be on my team for the next Urban Assault!
Look at all the fun we're having!
1. Is it fair to call for a taxi?! Checkpoint No. 5 (The camera was fogging up because of the humidity.)
2. Out on the jetty; Checkpoint No. 2
3. My job was "Water Girl" which meant that every 5 minutes I'd yell at you to drink more fluids!; Checkpoint No. 5
4. Our other Abu Dhabi buddies/competitors; Checkpoint No. 1
Urban Assault is a fun little race in Dubai. The object is to use your own two feet and a gps to guide you to 6 designated checkpoints in downtown Dubai. First team to get to all of the points and make it back to the starting point is the winner. (Think geocache-- adrenaline version. If that doesn't help you get a sense of it, then picture a big treasure hunt for adults where everyone runs around.)
Go, team, go!
1. Jumeraih Beach 2. Mosque at Iftar
We had our first race yesterday.
Here are our stats:
5 out of 6 check points (Our excuse is that we were tired . . . )
19k (The last check point was at least another 8 more k. Ugh.)
2 hours, 43 minutes
Khalas! We made it back to the car!
Drew, Clint, Molly, Jenn
Although we came in almost last place, we put in a good effort. Not bad for our first go at it. Maybe next time we'll actually train. It may be too much to ask, but I wouldn't mind running in lower temps, as well.
Looking forward to Urban Assault 2.0! Hope you will try it with me!