Wednesday, July 7, 2010

countdown - 2

2 days/2 'homes'
while i'm home i have a rough plan to spend 1/2 my time with my mom and 1/2 my time with my dad. hence, my 2 best bases will be colfax and bellingham.

i love colfax for its rolling wheat fields;


that 'small-town feel';


big, wide-open skies;

and the loving community of incredible people who helped me grow for the first 18 years of my life.


bellingham has earned itself a reputation and is known as "the city of subdued excitement". it's a pretty fitting title as there really are a lot of things to get excited about. here are a few of my favorites:
sunsets over the bay;


mountains;


green, green, and more green;


community events like the farmer's market, movies on the village green, ski to sea, and hula hoop night;

and SO many wonderful people.

so maybe it's not west virginia, but i think ol' john den says it so well:


get me home!
-m.

No comments: