Saturday, May 21, 2011

Getting my Aquaventure On

Earlier today, a few friends and I went to "Aquaventure" -- the waterslide park connected to the infamous Atlantis hotel.

photo taken From the Mind of Elliot Sneen
Okay--it doesn't quite look like this!


My highlight of the park was the "Leap of Faith" of The Amazing Race 15 fame. I didn't realize it at the time, but apparently we "dropped six stories down a nearly 90° incline and through a tunnel beneath the aquarium's shark lagoon." All I know was that it was fast and that even if there were sharks, all of the water in my face guaranteed I wasn't able to see a thing.

After what happened when I mixed waterproof camera + Jumeirah Sceirah at Wild Wadi last July, I decided not to bring a camera. Thankfully one of my friends nabbed a few pictures on her way out of the park. Thanks, Hannah!

Hannah & Allen


Hang on, Mike!


Jilly & Molly
I couldn't help it! That is genuine trepidation on my face!

Whee!
-m.

No comments: