Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 20--Popsicles

30(ish) Days of Fun::Caitlin's Arrival to the First Day of School
inspired by Mighty Girl


Popsicles are the perfect summer refreshment.

Unfortunately, when you buy them in Abu Dhabi they usually turn out to be a bit of a disappointment. Like so:

Based on the condition of the box these bad boys came in, I could tell there'd been some meltage en route.

Since store-bought can be an expensive waste and since going a whole hot summer without would have been a real shame, I nearly had a dilemma on my hands. Lucky for me, there was a solution in sight: homemade Popsicles.* They're yummy, inexpensive, and easy. (They're even manageable when you don't feel too well.) Win-win-win.


I combined pomegranate, goji berry, mango, pineapple, and kiwi & lime juice to make this pretty treat. I used the simple add a layer/freeze-add a layer/freeze method.


Pour some juice, toss in some seeds, freeze, repeat, voila!

These were fun to design and delish to eat. I'm looking forward to making more soon. Probably like tomorrow.

♥, Molly


*It's a proper noun? Who knew! Weird.

No comments: