Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 28--a little sleepover . . .

30(ish) Days of Fun::Caitlin's Arrival to the First Day of School
inspired by Mighty Girl

. . . with the bed bugs.

they showed up at the beginning of the week and just kept inviting more of their friends. believe me, they were NOT welcome little guests. don't know for sure where we I picked them up, but there's no denying that they really love us me. (i had over 63 bites on the first night and more each night after that. caitlin had 0.)

thinking i was clever, i put down double sided tape and circled the bed with Pif Paf. they didn't like my ring of poison and decided to fight back. with vengeance. all over my face. jerks.

i now have a new plan of attack: it's called garlic and a silver stake. watch out!
♥, Molly

update: i got rid of the mattress the next day and slept on a yoga mat inside my circle of defense until the sprayers came. i also took everything out of my bedroom and baked it in the car. 21 days later i finally vacuumed up the ring of poison. 24 days later i still have the bite marks and am slooooowly putting my clothes back in the wardrobe. im not brave enough to let them bring in the bedframe quite yet, but a mattress on the floor is just fine. i think they're gone, but i'm trying not to be too optimistic. hello worst nightmare!

1 comment:

Bre said...

I wish I would have seen this earlier!! BLEACH! Use bleach.... In Africa and Jeru we had bed bugs and I bleached my mattresses. Then I bleached all of the bed frame and floor all around me. Those little guys did not like that. Oh Mols!