Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 8--A New Do

30(ish) Days of Fun::Caitlin's Arrival to the First Day of School
inspired by Mighty Girl

My hair started falling out a few weeks ago. (Remember this?) Since it started, it hasn't stopped. I tried to hold off on cutting it short for as long as I could, but it was getting pretty thin. I knew it was time when I put an elastic in and ended up with a rattail haircut instead of a ponytail. (Rattails are the less acknowledged, yet equally gross cousins of the mullet.) After chickening out twice in the past 2 weeks, I finally got it cut today. And cut they did.

Before:

After:


I thought it would make my hair look fuller, but instead it just looks like I really need Rogaine. I'll say it so you don't have to: I have a balding middle-aged man haircut. I'd fit right in with these guys. Ah!


pictures by Caitlin
Fortunately for me, the bits I can see (the front and the sides) don't look as bad as the bits I can't see (the back and the top). I'm not quite ready for scarves yet. Instead, I am just refusing to stand next to people who are taller than me. ;-)

♥, Molly

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awe, I love that last picture :)
And don't worry Molly, when the time comes, you'll be beautiful with a scarf or without!
Hugs!!! xoxo

joanne said...

You look beautiful!

Brie said...

I think you look positively beautiful and if anyone can pull off a scarf and look freaking amazing, it's you.