Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yosemite on my Mind

My mom and I are planning a little trip to Yosemite this summer. (!!!!!)  It's a destination that has been on my list for a long, long time.  In fact, I can still clearly recall an Ansel Adams print of Half Dome hanging in the home of family friends--a memory that dates back to 1991.  I was 8.

As is often the case, now that I'm serious about going, "Yosemite" seems to be everywhere.  Links, people who've been, books, articles, and photos just keep popping up all over the place.  (Someone once told me this is called "top of the mind consciousness".  I guess it's a marketing term.)  Of all the resources that I've run across lately, this video has definitely made an impression.  It's both terrifying and amazing--to such a degree that my palms were sweaty after the first time I watched it. 

Warning:  If you're scared of heights, this video is probably not for you.



See what I mean?
♥, Molly

No comments: