Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 30--Last Hurrah!

30(ish) Days of Fun::Caitlin's Arrival to the First Day of School
inspired by Mighty Girl

poP pOP POPCORN!
Yes, popcorn was my last hurrah.  Before you think it's a completely lame ending to the 30 Days of Fun project, you should know that it's one of my all time favorite foods and also represents one of my all time favorite memories. The instant I smell it I'm reminded of Sunday nights when my whole family piled into my parents' room to eat popcorn and watch PBS Nova nature shows and old school episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos.  Good times.

Although I think air poppers to be the best, owning one hasn't been too conducive to my transient lifestyle.  Since the beginning of college, the microwave stuff has had to do.  That is, until Pinterest helped me discover DIY microwave popcorn, which is really just like the traditional air-popped stuff.   All I ever do is throw a few kernels in a bag, fold the top over twice, and stick it in the microwave.  When there's a 3 second lull in the popping action I consider it done. Ta-Daa! Easy as that! 

Caitlin doing a fine job of displaying the best discovery of the summer!
My favorite part is that if you only want a little bit, you don't have to make a whole big bag.  And if you don't feel like the funky taste of chemically coated kernels, you have the option to eat it plain. 
Like I do. 
For dinner.  
Everyday.
 
Here's the full recipe + nutritional, environmental, and economical reasons to try it for yourself. 

♥, Molly

Up Next:  A slew of summer reading . . . 

1 comment:

Bre said...

You are a woman after my own heart.... I too would eat popcorn EVERYDAY if I could. I think I would have a really healthy bowel. :)