|glowstick writing on New Year's Eve|
In 2013 I'm going to work towards being on time.
Those who know me well are probably laughing right now. Yeah, well me too.
So, here's the game plan.
1) I'm trying to shift my whole frame of mind and adjust my attitude towards punctuality. In theory I value being on time. In reality I don't show up on time because it isn't that important to me. Hmmmm.
2) Only schedule things that are important to me. In other words, cut things from my calendar that aren't important. This is going to require saying no. Saying no is really hard and kind of scary.
2) Record it in my calendar. A million reminders on my phone will be better than storing it in my head. While I'm at it, I'm going try to to put in appointments 10 minutes early.
3) Assume it will take longer than I expect. I always think I'm going to whip right through things and demolish my to-do list. For some reason I still can't grasp the fact that I'm a very. slow. worker.
4) Use a timer. I'm sometimes good at this.
5) Set up ahead of time. I'm late
6) Get off the internet. I'm sure you have no clue what I'm talking about.
7) Plan for trouble. If I aim to be on time then I have no buffer if something goes wrong. A little wiggle room is a good thing.
Do you have any goals for the upcoming year?