Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Helloooooo!

glowstick writing on New Year's Eve
My new goal for 2013 is definitely not a "check it off the list" type of thing.  It's more of a process.  (Yeah--probably one that will take me the next 50 years to accomplish!)

In 2013 I'm going to work towards being on time.

Those who know me well are probably laughing right now. Yeah, well me too.

So, here's the game plan.
1)  I'm trying to shift my whole frame of mind and adjust my attitude towards punctuality.  In theory I value being on time.  In reality I don't show up on time because it isn't that important to me.  Hmmmm.
2) Only schedule things that are important to me.  In other words, cut things from my calendar that aren't important.  This is going to require saying no.  Saying no is really hard and kind of scary.
2) Record it in my calendar. A million reminders on my phone will be better than storing it in my head.  While I'm at it, I'm going try to to put in appointments 10 minutes early. 
3) Assume it will take longer than I expect.  I always think I'm going to whip right through things and demolish my to-do list.  For some reason I still can't grasp the fact that I'm a very. slow. worker.
4) Use a timer.  I'm sometimes good at this.
5) Set up ahead of time.  I'm late once in awhile because I forget stuff.
6) Get off the internet.  I'm sure you have no clue what I'm talking about.
7) Plan for trouble.  If I aim to be on time then I have no buffer if something goes wrong.  A little wiggle room is a good thing. 

Do you have any goals for the upcoming year?
♥, Molly

1 comment:

Jill said...

You can do it!!!