Last year I made some resolutions. (Yeah, like 12 of them...)
1. Send home ____ dirhams each month. My monthly savings plan worked for about half the year. Now I'm behind schedule!
2. Learn how to change a flat tire on my bike. Learned, but never really practiced. If I had to change my own tire now it would be quite an ordeal. Praise the Lord I didn't have a flat tire during my Oregon Coast bike tour!
3. Figure out imovie. Yes, to make this little film. However, doing it independently still seems so daunting that I haven't even tried to make another one.
4. Practice planning ahead, doing little bits along the way, and avoiding last minute crunches. Sometimes. I did better before I got a little distracted by a certain someone.
6. Respond to emails within 1 month of receiving them. I'm a little itty bit better than before.
7. Finish reading my camera book. Halfway there . . .
8. Set better boundaries. Hahaha. Does it count if I ordered a book on the topic?
10. Declutter, organize, and back-up my electronic life. It's sad when you dedicate 5 full days to this but don't really have much to show for it. Oy!12. Rehabilitate my shoulder so I can do yoga, lift, and rock climb pain-free. After 3 months of physical therapy and several trips to the neurologist, things aren't any better. It was a bit of a disappointment to learn that the damage to my nerves is permanent. Or so they tell me . . .
11. Ride my bike without hands. Woot! I can even go over speedbumps without hands! And although I'm incriminating myself by saying this, when I lived along the Corniche I was in the habit of texting while pedaling.
As you can see, meeting 3 out of 12 goals leaves some room to grow. Wellll, LOTS of room. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't quite get where I wanted to be, but a wise woman once told me that a little bit is better than nothing. Yes, a little bit is better than nothing.