Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tickets in the Works

L
My stomach did a little flip-flop when I opened my Inbox Sunday morning to find a message waiting for me. As you can imagine, this message wasn't just any old message--it was a long awaited, obsessively checked for message from my employers; this was the message informing me that my tickets were being processed!

Now, three days later, I still don't have my tickets. Talk about pins and needles . . . Without any input from my employers (who are, understandably, having a challenging time replying to emails) I've come to a few conclusions of my own:
1. I'm going to be leaving with Round 4 Teachers next week instead of Round 3 Teachers this week. (This would be nice because I might get to travel with Jill.)
2. I'm going to get my tickets the day of or the day before departure. (I could make this work--but I would need to stop procrastinating and finish packing my bags!)
3. I am going to find out travel details after the fact and will have missed my flight. (On a recent Facebook dicussion board, one teacher claimed to have received her e-tickets 3 hours before her plane was scheduled to depart. Yikes!)

Oh, we shall see, we shall see. I will keep you posted!!
-m

1 comment:

Jill said...

At least you know you've cleared security!